Be skeptical of everything labeled as "easy"
So the next time a salesperson or client or contractor or anyone says something is going to be "easy," just remember the following:
- Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law."
- Parkinson's Law: "Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion"
- "Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work." ~ Horace (65 BC - 8 BC)
- "The secret of greatness is simple: do better work than any other man in your field - and keep on doing it." ~ Wilfred A. Peterson
- "Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby." ~ Unknown
- "All things are difficult before they are easy." ~ Unknown
- "If it were easy, everyone would do it." ~ Unknown
- "It's not supposed to be easy...That's why they call it work" ~ Unknown
- "If it seems easy, you're probably doing it wrong." ~ Me