OrangeCoat's brick test
In Malcolm Gladwell's new book there is brief anecdote about a test that asks people to come up with creative uses for a brick. Gladwell compares the answers of two people with above average IQ's with the hopes of showing the difference in creativity between the two subjects. For OrangeCoat, the closest thing we have to the brick test is one of the questions our contact form for people looking for jobs. I figured I'd share some of the answers we've gotten.
Writing talent? Please demonstrate... in less than 200 characters:
- Creative free write, huh? I'm having High School flash backs. I suppose if I was a talented writer I would have a few books published by now.
- I'm not a terrible writer, but just not a good enough one to have put anything actually interesting in this field. I write code much better, but I'm mostly a visual person.
- I got some good news and some bad news. Good news; the large hadron collider didn't kill us when it was turned on. Bad news; it isn't smashing particles yet so there is still a chance we will die.
- My writing it like a predatory flamingo, awkward, inappropriate, and clumsy. Could be possible but is more likely non existent, and spends most of its time trying to justify its continuation.
- You have to be kidding me. OC Note: Worst answer ever
- I'm not sure what is being asked here. I wouldn't call myself a professional writer, but I do know how to write professionally when needed.
- Yes....but I would have to get my Big Epiphany in the shower first or driving in the car. LOL
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Review any movie with the word "orange" in the title (100 characters max):
- Orange County: A slow moving story with no real plot. Takes place in California.
- Orange County: Awful movie, but Jack Black is once again solid as a supporting character.
- Sorry, my colors were blue & white (nobody around here)!
- ORANGELOVE. Angst-ridden tale of two Euro-trash strangers lusting on a train. Emo ending from hell.
- Orange County: Awful, just awful. Colin Hanks obviously did not inherit his dad's acting ability.
- Orange County is a movie with Jack Black. I give it a 6.
- The Orange Thief... Independent film, Good enough, funny, acting ok.