Questions that arose after reading Malcolm Gladwell's last article
First, go and read the New Yorker article, How David Beats Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell. It's worth the read, promise.
Then, help me with these questions.
- Why did Rick Rick Pitino fail in the NBA?
- His players did not buy into his system. They were too concerned about looks (Why George Washington went to traditional warfare) to play the press.
- He didn't fully implement his system in the pros. (I don't like this answer. I think he tried hard to do the press)
- Maximum effort and traditional strategy beats maximum effort with untraditional strategies and sub-par players.
- Following the '1.3' thought process further, if Goliath is willing to work just as hard as David, how can David win?
The answer to this seems to be untraditional strategy might give him a chance but untraditional strategy alone is not a sure winner.