The Five Proper Steps to Smoking a Cigar.
- Pour three fingers of Blanton's bourbon into a rocks glass. If ice is needed, three cubes is all that is allowed--no more and no less. Drinking Blanton's neat is just fine, but every once in a while I like to invoke the Donny Draper defense.*
- Select a cigar you like. It could an itsaboy as far as I'm concerned. As long as you like the taste, smell, etc.
- Cut the proper end and then briefly dip in the bourbon.
- Light the sun of bitch. Any way you like: match, lighter, the sun and magnifying glass--anyone who says they can tell the difference is lying.
- Sit on your side porch, listen to Radio Margaritaville, and enjoy the smoke.
*To paraphase DD on putting ice in his bourbon. I'm from the south and we like our drinks cold. We put ice in our tea, we serve our beers cold, and some of us like ice in our bourbon.